A remarkable garden in the heart of one of the most beautiful villages of France
Nestled in the heart of Yvoire, a charming medieval village, hides an exceptional private garden. Dedicated to awake your senses and discover the plant world, the Garden of the Five Senses is inspired by the symbolism of medieval mazes: medicinal plants, forgotten vegetables, surprising foliages, fragrant flowers … A highly sensitive living project chiseled for more than 30 years by a team of enthusiasts.
- Classified as a Remarkable Garden by the french Ministery of Culture and Communication
- More than 1300 plant varieties identified
- Self-guided tour with descriptive map (available in many languages). For a guided tour in English, request a booking based on your availability (min 6 persons – please contact us).
- Allow at least one hour for the visit, the time to explore the sensations of each garden.
- Funny quiz for children (free)
- Each season has its beauty: from nature’s awakening in April to the allure of autumn colors.
All along your walk, various green spaces invite to in different mood : Garden of smell, Medicinal garden, Alpine Meadow… Take a look on the 360° visit
As you round a bend in the pathway, you may meet our gardeners. With great passion and a deep respect for nature they take care of this plant kingdom nestled in the heart of Yvoire, a medieval village classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France. You will share the gardeners’ motto, which is also that of the Bouvier d’Yvoire family, who created the garden: Festina lente, or « Make haste slowly ».
A stroll that will enchant all family.